Thursday 19 February 2009

Jen Cafe, China Town



There are two distinguishing facts about Jen cafe, first it's all green exteriors and the sight of a woman making dumplings. When you enter you will find that the restaurant is small and guests are often expected to share tables with one another. The menu is limited, there is a greater of variety bubble tea, than there is of main dishes. This place is essentially known for "home-made" dumplings and one of the few places in central London where you can enjoy bubble tea in such variety. I did order a dish of roast duck and rice. Though I would not call this dish authentic, it was worth its value.
The main problem with Jen's Cafe is it's limited seating space. The service is so quick that it borders haste. My bill was handed to my hand and instead of counting my change I had to scoop it up and leave. So, if you want to enjoy a relaxing, cheap, mainstream Chinese food head a little further and step into Gerrard's corner or any one of the dozen Chinese eateries in China Town.
Though Jen's Cafe, is not what I will call the most pleasant eating experience, I would take away a glass of mango bubble tea, with a descent and cheap portion of dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment